Home | Forum | Profiles | Gallery | Links | Privacy Policy | Contact | E-mail List Sign-up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Someone has to get us started!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lwilson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY! I see that Mrs. Swiger posted a profile! If you cruise through here--HI !!!!

Laura (Wilson) Narney
Brian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Judy Swiger Reply with quote

Actually, it was Mrs. Bunting that retired last year. Judy is retiring this year. I am sure they will be having some sort of shindig. I think Judy is coming to my next show at the Marriott, so I'll ask her about it. My mom keeps me informed on what's going on. I went to Mrs. Buntings retirement party and the production of 'Joseph'. It was lots of fun and brought back tons of good memories. Mrs. B was very touched by the party afterwards and she looked great.

Let's see, the mysterious 'Guest' could be Ace Olsen, Randy Triezenberg, Joe Williams, Arno, or myself. I bet it's Joe. Being a principal now, he operates like a secret agent. Can you imagine getting brought into Joe's office for a detention?! Am I right Joe? Are you the 'Guest'?

As for the acting career, I really enjoyed Jeff and Laura's visit in Seattle. The great part was seeing them at the restaurant before the show having dinner. Laura, your Mom always shows me pictures of you and the family when I pay a visit. I simply love your home and love walking the woods. I've built up a pretty good list of birds there, including Cerulean Warbler and Connecticut Warbler. Rare birds! The last time I walked the woods was after Karen Welke's funeral. Had a great cry back by the river. It's a magical place. Also had my first Morels last spring. Brought 'em back and fried 'em up. Yummy!!!! Can't wait for next Spring. Char told me you came home for Christmas. Darn, I keep missing you. I was home on the 23rd for the holiday. Let me know if you are in Chicago sometime. And Congrats on your Seahawks, although I'm disturbed that their mascot is innaccurately a Golden Eagle and not an Osprey.
LWilliamson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Missed you by 2 days Brian Reply with quote

I've always thought that it would be great to have some sort of calendar by which we could see who/when from our class was in town - especially during the holidays and over the summer. This forum is a start, although more along the lines of 'Whoops, just missed you'. We flew into Chicago on the 24th and drove down to Seymour on Christmas day. Evidently your mother was able to drop by when my mother was watching Jillian one day - but I missed seeing her.

Birding in Seattle is great - whether or not you include the Seahawks Smile I've seen pileated woodpeckers several times - they're either threatened or endangered in IL. Did you actually SEE the warblers or just hear? Our tests in Ornith. 3_ _ at the U of I involved writing down everything you can identify in 10 minutes - tough at my mother's place in the spring when all of the migrants are passing through.

We've got built-in babysitting in Chicago with my in-laws so we'll have to check your show schedule next time we pass through.
Joe Williams

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Just read the article in the Mahomet Citizen Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I just read the article in the Mahomet Citizen. No, the mysterious guest was not me. Ace? Randy? Marc? Hmmmm.

Anyway -- this really is good to hear from some, um, old? friends. Not really, because I'm sure you've all noticed that 40, which used to be old, is really young the closer we get to it.

Here's the really wierd thing -- Mahomet, although bigger than when we were in school, is really not that big. Arnie and I live in Mahomet and, correct me if I'm wrong Arn, have only seen each other at the SuperWalmart in Champaign!
Cully

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe,

Why did I have the impression that you taught at Gibson City? I was at Ridgeview for five years and I could have sworn you were in the GCMS district?
Joe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cully,

I taught at Gibson City my first year and then they consolidated with Melvin-Sibley. My position was RIFed. Where are you now?
Brianherriott

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Sorry Marc Reply with quote

I don't know if Marc S. is even reading these yet, but my apologies for leaving him off the list of Navy Hymn guys. What can I say Marc, other than us tenors are always abusing you basses Wink . Honestly, that night singing Navy Hymn was one of the highlights of my career/life and will never forget it. Did anyone get a videotape of it? If so, I'm sure we would all like copies.

Laura, regarding the birds in your woods - all of the birds I listed were seen and heard. The Cerulean Warbler was 8 feet off the ground in a short, skinny tree singing at the top of his lungs. Best view I've ever had of the bird actually. They usually hang out in the treetops of very tall trees. Another interesting creature I saw there was a very small snake. Have no idea what it was. Barred Owls and Eastern Screech-Owls are also easy to see there, as I'm sure you're aware.
Arno

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Arno to Joe Reply with quote

Joe -
I think you are right. The only time I ever seem to see you is at Wal-Mart of all places. I don't even like that store, even though I do seem to be shopping there more since my daughter was born...go figure...!! I also ran into Jeff Carpenter in Wal-Mart - I guess the place is good for somethings!!!
Amy Williams

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Hey guys Reply with quote

I just discovered this site. Has it really been 20 years since we graduated? It seems wierd that my sister just turned 20 today. I hope we will have a reunion. I had heard that Angie Bundy (Barnhart) was working on one, but I havn't heard anything lately. I don't think I have seen anyone from Mahomet since I got married (17 years ago)! My parents actually live in Pine Tree now, right down the street from the Zumdahl's.
Angie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we are in the planning stages of the reunion. Feel free to post any ideas you might have and we will take them into consideration.
Thanks
Angie Very Happy
LWilliamson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Any tentative dates for the reunion? Reply with quote

Angie - any ideas at this point as to dates? We're well on the way to scheduling plans for the summer. I'll be in IL for my sister's wedding reception the weekend of June 23 and will probably also be around for the following weekend (June 30). I had previously heard some rumors of a Homecoming timeframe too. Laura (Williamson)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Class of '87 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: