Home | Forum | Profiles | Gallery | Links | Privacy Policy | Contact | E-mail List Sign-up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Huge Favor for my mom--please vote for her!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lwilson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Huge Favor for my mom--please vote for her! Reply with quote

By now I hope some of you that are still local may have seen my mother on the front page of the News Gazette and/or in the Mahomet Citizen this week. Also, she has been on the local TV stations. I hope you all said "Hey, that's Laura's mother!" Shocked (or Wendy or Robert's!)

Anyway, she is one of only 100 finalists in the Pillsbury Bake Off and she is very excited. She has been entering for years. This year they have added a new prize called America's Favorite which allows the public to go online and vote for a recipe on the Pillsbury website.

The link is:

http://www.pillsbury.com/Bakeoff/AFR/finalist_recipes.asp?tab=3

In addition to helping my mom out you will be entered to win a trip to the Bake-Off in Orlando, and possibly ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

When you go to this web page you will need to add her recipe to your voting pool and then click on "Voting Pool" near the top of the page. Then click on vote and you will be asked to enter your information to be entered into the contest. When you click on Submit you will have voted. You can only vote once, but every adult in your household can vote so please help! You can also share this information with friends, family and co-workers.

My mom did a lot for us working on school events, PTO, bake sales, and was even a great landlord to one of you Wink ! Please help her out and go vote. I would be great to have a Mahomet Seymour woman win the Bake Off!

If you have any questions or problems, respond here or email me at cfwdwnut@cox.net.

Thanks!
Laura (Wilson) Narney
Wendy and Robert Shlens

PS I know many of you viewing this are not from the class of '87--we NEED EVERYONE to vote--so if you are reading this, click on the link and VOTE!
Joe W.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Landlord Reply with quote

That apartment was great! The new carpet was a real plus, too!

Good luck to your mom.
Webmaster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything with peanut butter and hot fudge gets *my* vote!

YUM!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: MAJOR OOPS Reply with quote

I just realized that I forgot to say which recipe is hers! It is the Double Strawberry Baked Alaska by Carolyn Veazey Shlens (different last name) If you already voted you can't vote twice. But if you didn't vote Please Go VOTE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Class of '87 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: